Christmas is a time when we naturally think of friends and family…
Today’s New International Version (TNIV)
15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honour your father and mother’
Sometimes our family can drive us up the wall, so what does it mean to honour them?
Take your pick:
• If you live at home, why not volunteer to do some chores for your parents?
• Write a letter to your parents letting them what you appreciate about them (or if you live away from home, why not write regularly?)
• Pray for your parents blessing
• Take time to make a Christmas card or a present for your parents
• Take your parents out for the day and have quality time with them – you could go for a walk and fish and chips (pay for the food if you can) or take your mum out for coffee and cake…
• Find your own ways of showing love and appreciation to your parents and other members of your family.